Did you know 25 May is the 90th anniversary of John T Scopes being indicted for teaching evolution in a Tennessee High School?
A lot has changed since then. But thankfully some things have stayed quite similar.
Here’s a chance to find out how some things happened. And others didn’t.
This year. On 25 May 2015. An all-star line-up of hand-picked and highly evolved performers.
Will flap their hankies.
Come to Farringdon’s whoopiest venue, The Betsey Trotwood.
A night of poetry, song, sorcery and cake:
- Hosted by poet, singer, dancer and laugh-master John Hegley
- Curated by long-time brother and sister coalition Diego Brown and the Good Fairy
You will be
- Enchanted by the a-capella voice magic of Three Little Birds
- Enraptured by the astonishing illusions of Philipp Oberlohr
- Enslaved to the hypnotic peregrinations of Andrew Bailey & The Three Sisters
‘A night that gives back to music what the bedroom tax and search engines have so nearly taken from us.’
Shake a leg for evolution on
Monday 25 May 2015
The Betsey Trotwood
56 Farringdon Road
Nearest tube: Chancery Lane, St Pauls, Angel
Overground (Thameslink) Farringdon
Buses: 243, 55, 63
Nearest airport: London City Airport.
Nearest barber: n/a
Tickets £5 or £8 (means tested)